Adress: 127550, Moscow, Timiryazevskaya str., 49, Building 6
Tel: + 7 499 976-14-57, 976-12-80
Prof., PhD (Biology)
Vladimir D. Naumov
The Faculty of Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science was established in 1929 and in 1990 it was renamed into the Faculty of Soil Science, Agricultural Chemistry and Ecology.
Training at the Faculty is provided by 7 Departments:
- Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, Radiology and Vital Activity Security
- Soil Science, Geology and Science of Landscape
- Forestry and Landscape Melioration
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Inorganic and Analytic Chemistry
- Physical and Organic Chemistry
Practical training is provided by several research laboratories, including the laboratory of agricultural chemistry, laboratory of agricultural soil science, laboratory of agro-ecology, center of soil-ecological research, laboratory for the complex analysis of organic compounds, laboratory of nuclear technology in agriculture, laboratory of forestry, and laboratory of microelements and regulation of mineral nutrition with the use of polymers.
Training is provided by highly-skilled faculty members, including 2 academicians of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1 corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 36 professors, 72 associate professors and senior lecturers, 24 assistant professors and 38 research workers.
The main research areas of the Faculty:
- problems of land recovery from radioactive and heavy metal contamination and chemical pollution;
- problems of ecologically safe production and work safety at agro-industrial enterprises;
- agro-ecological land expertise;
- optimization of plant mineral nutrition;
- recultivation of degraded areas and recycling of solid and liquid waste;
- soil and water conservation in rural areas;
- integrated water resources management;
- drainage and irrigation systems