Adress: 127550, Moscow, Timiryazevskaya ul., 49, Building 27
Tel.: + 7 499 977 1077; 499 977 11 88
Prof., PhD (Economics)
Vladimir T. Vodyannikov
The Faculty of Economics was established in 1922. In the 1960s and the 1970s the Faculty started training economist-managers, economists in accounting, analysts of economic activity and economist-mathematicians.
In 1999 the Faculty of Economics became the first Faculty at the University to offer 2-year Master programs: Extension and Information Support in the Agricultural, Industrial Complex and Production Management.
Training in Economics is provided by 12 Departments:
- Production and business organization in Agroindustrial Complex
- Economics in Agriculture
- Economy and cooperation
- Economic Cybernetics
- Forecasting and Planning in the Agroindustrial Complex
- Management and agricultural consulting
- Political Economy
- World economy
- Management and Marketing of engineering technical systems
- Economy and organization of engineering technical systems
- Economy of Environmental Engineering
- Management of Water economic activity and nature use.
The Faculty also comprises the Center of Sustainable Development of Rural Settlements.
The Faculty has more than 150 faculty members, including 29 professors, 9 academicians and corresponding members of the Russian Academy of Sciences and ISO associate professors.
The Faculty is engaged in the international collaboration with several foreign universities: Humboldt University (Berlin, Germany), the University of Hohenheim (Stuttgart, Germany), Wageningen University (the Netherlands), the Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO in Halle, Germany), and the Bavarian Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (Munich, Germany).
The main research areas of the Faculty:
- the role of economic units, institutions and local communities in rural development
- designing economic models
- methods and instruments of operative and strategic management
- informatics systems in agriculture
- sustainable development of rural settlements
- extension service and management of agricultural production.